Monday, June 25, 2012

My First Quilt

My first quilt has been a while in the making.
I started it last year using a borrowed 'sew fun' sewing machine and finished the quilt top.
Then, this year, the first thing I did with my new machine was quilt it all together!

There are so many mistakes in this quilt, I wouldn't know how to begin to list them.
But really, they don't matter. I learnt a lot making this quilt, I learnt things which I could only learn by jumping in headfirst.
So I finished up the binding on Saturday and yesterday (Monday) I sent my first quilt off to my mother in the states. Shipping costs are horrible, but I wanted my mom to have my first quilt. I hope she'll love it despite all the mistakes, and keep it on a couch :) To cuddle with my sisters and my cats.

Here it is:


Photo taken in the courtyard of my residence after days of rain. I like it.

Batting was so expensive - so I used a fleece blanket.
Backing was so expensive - so I used a king size flannel sheet on sale at Kmart.

My lines are petty wonky, I machine stitched my binding and I think I missed a few loose threads even though I tried to get them all.

Yet, looking at it like this makes me pretty happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment